You hear it in discussion groups all the time: We can’t, we don’t, it’s too hard, there’s not enough…….
Those are just big, fat, whiny excuses! And that thinking creates a barrier to your success. Sharing quality content with your audience is like having a thoughtful, memorable conversation. Every niche publisher wants an engaged, growing readership, right?
Eliminate these 5 misguided mindsets from your business:
1. It’s not the priority, we’re too busy! No excuses, folks, everyone has tons of work to do. Creating quality content must be embraced and driven by management. The whole team needs to be on board for it to work—and work well.
2. There’s not enough time for daily/weekly content creators. Bull-puckey! You must dedicate staff time and resources to produce quality content your niche audience wants to read. Once your team understands the value, they can all create good content with positive feedback and support.
3. No money, it’s too costly. Content creation does not have to be outsourced. You just need to assign the whole team the responsibility and create a schedule. Here’s the tricky part—you must stick….to….the……schedule.
4. Our experts won’t give us content. This is a lame one too. If you can figure out how to make the process for them as easy and pain-free as possible, plus make them look good, your thought-leaders will be lining up to be a guest-author.
5. The content isn’t good enough yet to publish. This one can be the death of your content. If an organization allows too many internal eyeballs to edit and review, you will never push out anything to your readers and they will ignore you because they can see your website content is stale.
So educate everyone—your staff, your advertisers and your experts on how vital fresh content is to the overall success of the business. It’s the best way to develop the long-term, meaningful relationship with your audience that you want!
P.S. Be sure your content is easy to digest. If you want to go on and on, put it in a white paper.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net