Are you scratching your head this morning, wondering what new revenue idea is out there that you haven’t tried? (Or pitched to management….) Better yet, are there some great ideas you’ve just been meaning to get around to implementing but never seem to have the time?
You might be doing some of these five, but are you currently doing ALL of them? There’s no time like the present, niche ad sales pros!
Here are 5 smart tips for salespeople on how to boost revenue:
1. Create an “exclusive advertiser” program. Allow one advertiser on a certain day of the month to occupy all the ad spots on each page of your entire website.
2. Create special holiday or seasonal digital editions. From holiday gift guides to summer camp guides, turn them into digital-only special publications. Be sure to inform advertisers how you are going to promote the special digital edition.
3. Create an e-newsletter from your sales team to your current advertisers. Create a list of your current clients and start sending out an e-newsletter. This should contain helpful hints, links to great articles, and deadline information. You can find great information about enewsletters in Ad Age, and CMI. Or here’s one of our popular posts on the subject: 7 top tips for a better enewsletter
4. Create a daily video tip to drive sales. Advertisers like the exposure and they are also your best experts. Have them sponsor a section on your site. Record their answers to questions submitted by your readers.
5. Create e-books from magazine content. You have years of valuable, super-niched content, so put it to good use. Create e-books sponsored by your advertisers on specific topics.
Brainstorm with your fellow salespeople and talk with your sales manager. One super-salesperson can inspire good ideas into reality!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net