Ok, we all know the very nature of niche is an enthusiastic, loyal fan base. But how can you create raving fans? You know—the fans that are SO excited about your publication(s) that they share your content and generate new leads for you too.
How do you kick up your fan base to the next level? It takes some work, but with some focused effort you can watch your audience engagement stats and new leads grow.
Here are 5 tips on how to create raving fans:
- Focus on the people. Share stories about the people in your niche, your audience and your sponsors. Share the story of your organization, how you came to be and who you are.
- Tend to your audience appreciation program. There are so many ways to say “thank you” to your audience and your sponsors and you have to keep it fresh. Discounts, spotlight features, gifts, heart-felt hand-written notes, you name it. Be authentic and personal about it.
- Use lots of visuals. Visuals make an instant connection with your readers. Use photos, infographics, Instagram, videos.
- Invite feedback. The more you know what your audience wants, the better. It can be through testimonials, Twitter, LinkedIn discussions, quizzes, surveys and the comments section of your own website and on Facebook.
- Create live events. Connecting the people in your niche audience is one of the most powerful things you can do. Check out our Niche Event Nation blog for tons of information about creating niche events.
Bonus tip: Dedicate actual staff time to creating a raving fan base. Make it a mandate–it’s worth it. Who knows? You might get wildly enthusiastic about the results, just like your fans.
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah – launched a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net