As the consummate magazine ad salesperson, you most likely had your holiday season advertising already buttoned up with your clients back in September.
But if you put your consultant hat on, there’s no reason not to reach out to your advertising clients again to provide them with some holiday marketing suggestions:
8 Tips for boosting your clients’ holiday season sales (and yours):
- Consider rewriting some of their content to include seasonal messaging. Yes, this takes time, but adding unique, fresh and seasonal content to your client’s marketing efforts can really make a difference.
- Do a NEW keyword search. Don’t assume the same holiday keywords every year. You will be surprised to find new and trending topics to spark your seasonal creativity.
- “Decorate” your landing page(s). Sure, everyone sends holiday-themed cards, emails and a smoked turkey on occasion, but consider dressing up your landing page to grab attention.
- 5 Facebook Holiday Sales Tips for Businesses
- Group gift options. Advertisers can package products in a way that sparks gift ideas. Make it easy to purchase.
- Show you care. Donate to a non-profit for the holidays or offer to match with your customers.
- Get creative with free stuff. Your advertisers probably can’t compete with Amazon’s or Target’s free shipping, but they can offer free gift wrap, holiday candy, etc.
- Spread the jolly good cheer. Nothing eases holiday stress more for your customers and co-workers than being kind, grateful and generous with others.
So there you have it, 8 fine reasons to check in with your ad clients one more time this holiday season.
P.S. Here are some unique gift ideas to share too, if your ad clients are scratching their heads on what to give: Uncommon Goods
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
image from freedigitalphotos.net