Hey Ad Sales Pros — we’re only 10 days away from 2015. I’m sure your publisher has already put together 2015 financial goals for you.
But what do YOU want to accomplish?
Make these 5 goals part of your 2015 plan. They have never failed me!
1. Contact 20 new accounts a month. Not 18, not 25, but 20. Best way to focus.
2. Meet 5 of these accounts Face-to-Face. The only way to truly build a relationship is in person.
3. Upgrade 3 accounts a month to do a bigger program with you! Get creative with integrated media packaging and expand their horizons–and yours!
4. Go through your prospect list each and every month and update. Yes, it’s tedious and the last thing you want to deal with, but keeping your list updated is your golden ticket.
5. Once a month, take the production staff out for lunch. Engage all the people around you that help you. Take it upon yourself to make the environment around you better and a fun place to work! (I’m serious about the fun.)
You know what to do. The key is execution. Now you can go back to last-minute Holiday Season Mania……….On Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, Homer and Simpson…..
About the blogger: Carl Landau is Grand Poobah of Niche Media. He is a media/event guru, SF Giants fan and part-time blogger. His 15 minutes of fame took place in the mid-eighties when he launched his famous, “Buy an Ad, Get a Cat” ad campaign. He has long since patched things up with the SPCA.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah -also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!