Why is it your job to help with their ad creation and conversion, you ask? Because pretty much everyone does consultative selling now. Plus, niche ad sales reps have the built-in advantage of a targeted audience. That’s what everyone wants!
It’s pretty simple—increase online conversion rates for your advertisers and you will sell more advertising. So how do you become the ultimate sales/marketing consultant, helping your advertisers to turn your niched-out readers into customers?
Here are 5 Quick Tips for YOU to help your advertisers boost their online conversion rates:
- Design: First, consult with your clients on the design of their ad or offer in-house services if you have them. Focus on reducing clutter. Is font size an issue for your readers? It must be very easy to read and simple to navigate to the CTA for any reader.
- Visuals: The use of visuals has skyrocketed. Whether it’s photos, infographics, video, etc—take advantage of it and incorporate into the ad to make it as engaging and memorable as possible.
- Details: Make sure you advertisers provide enough detail (but not overload) so the prospect is not hovering over the CTA yet hesitating because they don’t know enough. Test it!
- Reviews: If possible, ensure your advertisers provide links to reviews and testimonials of their product/services. This will reinforce their (and your publication’s) credibility.
- Urgency: Create urgency by offering incentives or even the product or services for a limited time period.
Run though these 5 tips each time you meet with your advertisers about their marketing plan with your publication. They may seem pretty obvious, but you would be surprised how many times these important points get overlooked during a rush to deadline!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast……who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah -also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net