You meet with prospects and clients all week long. Are you making a memorable impression? Do you exude the confidence of a superstar? On The Voice, the contestants only have seconds to wow the judges and get them to swivel their fancy chairs around to commit. Don’t you want to improve your sales voice and prompt your clients to a stellar “YES!”– like a superstar?
Here’s 7 quickie tips to finding your winning sales voice:
1) Start with your body language. Focus on confident posture, look people in the eye and project openness and confidence, slow down your speech. No arms folded across your chest! 93% of your message can come from non-verbal cues.
2) Listen attentively. Becoming a great listener means shutting off the “to-do’s” in your head, turning off that smart phone and giving clients your total focus. Don’t interrupt.
3) Purposefully summarize and connect the dots during the conversation. Help your clients understand what you are saying and vice-versa. Are your clients talking about real content, injecting personal feelings or chatting up their org’s identity? Clarify as you go along.
4) Find your inner Buddha. Speaking with intention is different than setting goals, which are about the future. Stating your intent during the conversation (with certainty) allows you to be in the present moment with your client.
5) Be authentically passionate and enthusiastic. Your honest excitement can carry over to your advertiser, allowing you to gain their trust. Transparency is always the best policy!
6) Let others know what you stand for. Let customers know what you care about and what your values are. Avoid being judgmental of others, however.
7) Use your humor and warmth. You can usually disarm the grumpiest prospect with humor, genuine interest and personal warmth. Read more on how to increase your EQ.
Practice these 7 quick tips during your next sales call to catapult your success to new heights! And don’t forget to smile…slow down…and breathe.
P.S. Check out this cool tool: Adobe’s Share Your Voice
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net