It happens to every salesperson sometimes. You go through the motions of your selling day, feeling tired and uninspired. Where can you find motivation? There is no magic solution, unfortunately. The best source of inspiration comes from within you!
So be your own personal sales coach! But it has to be more than just positive self-talk and uplifting phrases taped to your desktop.
Here are 7 action-steps you can take to keep you motivated to the max:
- Dive into the discipline. Yep, it’s part of every day. Be consistent about your calls, call backs and emails so you don’t get stressed about it. Then you are freed up to focus on the bigger goals faster.
- Call a mentor. Talking to someone you admire and respect can lift your mood immediately, remind you why you do what you do.
- Be a mentor. Motivating and helping others is a sure way to give you purpose and get you pumped up.
- Set personal goals. In addition to your professional goals, set personal goals for growth. Learning something new will refresh you. Then don’t forget to reward yourself once you accomplish the goal!
- Focus 15 daily. Take 15 minutes of each day to focus on new motivational or industry reading, a podcast, webinar, etc. Learning about others’ ideas will spark your own.
- Share success stories. Contact other successful salespeople and share your best success stories. The camaraderie and fond memories of “that great sale” will invigorate you.
- Manage up. Not happy about something? Stop whining and influence your boss. Affecting change within your own work environment can be very empowering.
Plus we all know that getting plenty sleep, frequent exercise and eating right helps start off each sales day strong. But if you’re just not feeling charged up to sell lately, try these 7 steps to keep you on the path to sales success.
P.S. Here’s a past ad sales post with more ideas: Are you stuck in a rut? How to get your ad sales mojo back!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net