No matter where you are in the digital revenue landscape, new ideas and solid strategy are critical to your success.
We asked digital sales guru Ryan Dohrn what he would suggest for niche publishers who are planning out their digital strategies for revenue growth:
Here are just a few from of my “Digital Ad Sales Success” list:
- Price and ethically sell your social media channels.
- Create video partnerships for advertiser revenue success.
- Distribute your own ad sales eNewsletter to your clients, WITHOUT the editorial team.
- Offer lead generation to your clients.
- Consider the extra $$$ from trade show video work.
- Learn to use your events calendar to drive dollars.
- Use vanity web sites to track your print ads.
- Contests can make $20k for a publisher in just a few weeks.
“To develop a successful, long-term digital revenue plan use solid, proven ideas for the framework. Definitely include some new experiments into the mix. There are more possibilities out there than ever before–the trick is knowing how to tap into it.”
Editors Note: TODAY is the Super Early Bird discount deadline for the Niche Digital Conference — register now and you can save up to $400!! We limit attendance to create a quality, all-in experience for our attendees. Everyone gets a bunch of valuable takeaways, plus there’s the power bonus–everyone learns from each other. So we hope we see you there this year. Read about all the cool conference details and what makes Minneapolis an awesome city here.
More about Ryan: Ryan Dohrn an executive ad sales coach and has taught over 3,000 ad sales executives around the globe his 360 Ad Sales training system. You can learn more online at http://360adsales.com. Check out Ryan’s just-released new book, Selling Backwards.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments!