It’s clear that digital media has seen an ocean of change and will continue to gain strength. Is your niche media brand ready for the next big growth wave?
Here are some mid-year stats that will convince you to get on board and turn this wave of digital growth into new revenue swells:
From MPA’s mid-year report, the good news for niche magazines just keeps coming with July year-over-year growth showing big gains.
Some of the facts:
- The total print and digital audience for U.S. magazines increased 7.6% from July 2014 to July 2015.
- The majority of growth came from mobile devices: total mobile Web audience jumped from 281.4 million to 445.5 million over the same period!
- Good news for some categories in print, including epicurean–some food epicurean titles, as well as automotive magazines, are enjoying big increases.
Here’s the full post from Mediapost.com: Magazine Audiences Growing Online
From Business Insider: BI Intelligence’s US Digital Media Ad Spend Report for August 2015 is showing strong growth in mobile, video, and social spending, which continues to change the face of the US media market.
Some of the facts:
- Social media ads, which cut across display ads and video, are seeing fast adoption.
- US social media ad revenue will continue to grow.
- Mobile will drive ad spending across digital formats.
Read the full post here: Mobile Will Drive Ad Spending Across Digital Formats
So take a look at your current strategies and determine if you have kept pace with the digital media increases in your niche. Keep paddling and look to the horizon!
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net