Get Social To Increase Ad Sales!



ID-10051442

Kenneth Maclean tells us how to connect with prospects in your niche: Tweet and follow!

In an earlier blog post I covered the value for niche publications in having a CRM platform to enhance customer relationships and increase sales.   Not ready for that level of commitment?  Start by getting social.

 At a minimum, I strongly encourage publishers and sales professionals to get active in social media.  Twitter is a simple and free channel to communicate with advertising partners.  

(Editor’s note: If you don’t want to take advantage of simple and free media channels, there’s no point in reading the rest of this. You will probably be too busy worrying about why you can’t find a decent typewriter repairman in the Yellow Pages.)

Creating a Twitter account takes less than a minute and enables you to get in on conversations with other Twitterites in your niche…including advertisers.  Start by following them and re-tweeting their news.  There’s a very good chance they will return the favor.

A few tips for using Twitter as an effective sales tool: 

#1       Make Time to Communicate

Twitter has a 140 character limit ensuring that all tweets can be written and read quickly.   Start by committing to a weekly schedule – Mon, Wed, Fri –  featuring  one original tweet and two re-tweets.  It should take 10 minutes per week….tops! 

#2       Don’t Sell…Share!

The 80/20 rule applies here.  80% of your tweets should be about your industry, positioning you as a thought leader eager to share your interests and knowledge with colleagues.  And for the other 20%?  By all means tell them about your publication and advertising products.

So begin by following prospects and current advertisers who are on Twitter and they will likely follow you back. You can search for people within your niche and that information can help you target potential customers. Through this initial social networking, you can begin to build your own following, eventually develop long-term relationships— and that can lead to sales. (!)

 Questions or comments? Share with us on……..Twitter.

***************

Kenneth Mac Clean About this blogger:  As the principal consultant with Community NicheKenneth Maclean assists online publishers in developing content and advertising strategies that increase audience engagement and digital revenue.

******************

Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah – just launched a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com  Check it out!

– Twitter: @NicheMediaHQ
– Facebook: NicheMediaHQ
– LinkedIn: Niche Media Network
– YouTube: NicheMediaHQ

 

Image from freedigitalphotos.net

Speak Your Mind

*