Compelling Content—everyone wants it, right?
- Editors want it: Engaging content that keeps current readers clamoring for more and at the same time can attract new readers.
- Marketing wants it: You simply can’t market your niche products well if you don’t have messaging that stands out and prompts your audience to take action.
- Advertisers want it: They want their ad content in your magazine to convert your readers into their customers.
- Salespeople want it: When consulting with their advertising clients, salespeople can often help them develop content for successful ad strategies.
- Readers must have it! Publish boring, self-serving, uninspired content and you’ll lose readers quickly.
So thank you to CMI’s Patrick Burke for a truly valuable post. It can (and should be) shared with your entire team. It’s straight-forward, fun to read and packed with insight and great ideas: 10 Commandments to Create Compelling Content.
Even if you think you’ve got the whole “compelling” thing nailed in your print and digital magazine, your blog, your videos, your social media strategy, etc., take a few minutes to check out his post. It will refresh your mindset and give you new inspiration.
Because when it comes right down to it, everyone in every department, plus your own readers, can generate the quality content you need.
Which commandment(s) gave your team some new ideas? Share with us!
P.S. For a more in-depth read on creating epic content: Take Your Content Strategy to the Next Level
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net