Fasten your seat belts! We came across this informative blog post by freelancer Grace Dobush for, (believe it or not), the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). She tells us what’s coming next in digital media innovation and thought we’d share.
Be on the lookout for these 2015-2016 innovations:
1. Only video: Video creators will be producing powerful, yet…silent videos. Really. Often viewers will not take the extra time to pump up the volume, so your video needs to stand on it’s own without sound.
2. New tools: Now is the time to experiment with fast-growing Snapchat and other messaging apps. Try photo sharing for brand awareness and see what happens.
3. Smart Watches: The CEA is heavily promoting them–but, well, we’re skeptical. What do YOU think? Share with us.
4. Automatic purchasing and anticipatory design: You will no longer have to choose an option from a drop down menu in 2016, if you don’t want to. Your mobile, automated “assistant” will do that for you. Kinda like your automatic purchases on Amazon, for example. Or Nordstrom telling you what clothes you like and should buy again.
5. Storytelling: It’s not going away, it’s the common thread to everything.
Here’s the full blog post: 5 Digital Innovations Changing Advertising and Marketing in 2015
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau–Niche Media’s Grand Poobah–also created a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events: blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!
Image from freedigitalphotos.net