Hi y’all. I know the Niche Digital Conference is not until the end of September, but we recently took a trip to Nashville and just have to share how much I love this place. Even if you can’t join us for the conference, check out this amazing city!
Seriously, Nashville is so cool. They have their own unique vibe there. It’s the home of Country Music (and all kinds of other music, too). There’s the Grand Ole Opry, the best BBQ ever, and people singing around the clock, every day. What more could you ask for? Just be ready to party Nashville Style.
It’s just a hub for creativity, and a great place to gather Niche publishing creatives, too. Who says learning can’t be fun?
We know there’s honky-tonk row in Downtown that’s a must-see, but we also wanted to explore what’s right near The Hutton Hotel, our conference HQ.
Here are some standouts just down the street or around the block. Check them out!:
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken–Recently featured in Travel & Leisure, we read about them on the plane. We were excited to see it was literally half a block from the hotel. Spicy, crunchy, cayenne-infused awesomeness. Worth every calorie.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes–Has grown to 84 cupcakeries in 23 states, owner saved her money from cleaning houses and has built a reportedly $34 million empire. The cupcakes are that good.
- The Patterson House--With an eclectic speakeasy vibe, you have to be a sleuth to find it. Plus it adds to their mystique. Just one block from The Hutton. Imagine dimmed lights, amazing exotic cocktails created by very serious mixologists. Absinthe, anyone? Bacon Old Fashioneds? They go down super smooth–beware.
- The Judge’s Vinegarroon–A casual fun bar and restaurant with great BBQ.
- The Station Inn–A funky, no frills venue that’s great if you just want to catch some of the top bluegrass bands in the city.
- Noshville–A popular deli that is always busy and always good.
These are just the tip of the iceberg. Or the pointy cowboy boot. There are so many fun things to see and do in Nashville you will never want to leave!
Niche Media has created super niched-out events specifically for magazine publishers for over 12 years. We’ve helped pave the way for the era of boutique events that connect specific audiences and provide great educational, friendly and super-fun environments! Plus, Carl Landau – Niche Media’s Grand Poobah – just launched a blog all about creating and marketing targeted events – blog.NicheEventNation.com Check it out!